The National Certificate in Youth Work Level 4 is an NZQA qualification for people who are working or wish to work as paid or unpaid youth workers in youth work organisations. It is delivered by Youthline in partnership with the Industry Training Organisation, Careerforce.
You will learn about, the role of a youth worker, the Youth Development Strategy, working in groups, leading projects, building rapport with youth, ethics, supervision, legal issues and some specialty areas of youth work.
The training is for you if you are:
• Someone who already works with youth (paid or voluntary) who wants to get a qualification
• Someone who wants to become a youth worker
• A Youthline trainee
The certificate takes about one and a half to two years to complete part time and is covered within the following Youthline training programmes which take place evenings and weekends:
• Personal Development
• Basic Youth and Community Counselling Skills
• Te Ara Taiohi, Noho Marae
• Group Dynamics
• Additional Workshops and Seminars
Cost: The full qualification costs $4000 to complete, however scholarships are available. Youthline members will only need to pay $1400 and non Youthline members will be charged $2,600.